ALL CONVERSATIONS TAKE PLACE ON THURSDAYS, 5 – 7 PM. NORMALLY OUR CONVERSATIONS HAPPEN IN-PERSON AT THE LIBRARY. HOWEVER, DUE TO COVID-19, ALL CONVERSATIONS HAPPEN ON ZOOM FOR NOW
TO RECEIVE THE ZOOM LINK YOU NEED TO BE ON OUR E-MAIL LIST.
IF YOU ARE NOT ON IT CONTACT TREVOR HANCOCK
THE GOOD NEWS IS THE PRESENTATIONS ARE RECORDED AND WILL BE AVAILABLE AFTERWARDS.
NOTE THAT OUR PROCESS WILL BE DIFFERENT THIS SEASON, WITH A ONE-HOUR OPENING SESSION FEATURING A CONVERSATION AMONG SEVERAL SPEAKERS AND THEN 45 MINUTES FOR SMALL GROUP DISCUSSIONS BASED ON LOCALITY. DETAILS TO FOLLOW, BUT WE WILL NEED TO KNOW YOUR MUNICIPALITY AND NEIGHBOURHOOD TO CREATE THE SMALL GROUPS.
OUR MONTHLY ONLINE CONVERSATIONS IN 2021 WILL FOCUS ON THE THE LOCAL ‘SEEDS’ OF A ONE REGION AND THE STEPS NEEDED TO TRANSITION TO A ONE PLANET ECONOMY AND SOCIETY
Conversations Schedule 2021
FOR FULL DETAILS, DOWNLOAD THE 2021 Program
With the exception of January and December, when they are on the third Thursday, all sessions will be on the 4th Thursday of each month, from 5 – 7 PM.
Topics for 2021 will be based on the 10 One Planet Principles.
January 21st – One Planet Saanich and a One Planet Region
- Mayor Fred Haynes
- Rebecca Newlove, Manager of Sustainability for the District of Saanich
- Cora Hallsworth, sustainability consultant and One Planet Saanich lea
February 25th – Sooke in transition
- Andrew Moore, Special Projects Manager, T’Sou-ke Nation
- Michael Tacon, President, Transition Sooke;
- Councillor Tony St-Pierre, District of Sooke
March 25th – Circles and Doughnuts – Towards a One Planet economy for our region
- Jill Doucette, CEO, Synergy Institute, Victoria – host of the Project Zero Circular Economy program
- Councillor Ben Geselbracht, champion of Doughnut and Circular Economy resolutions in Nanaimo
April 22nd – A food system for a One Planet Region
- Pierre Iachetti, Agriculture and Food Security Planner for Saanich
- Linda Geggie, Executive Director, Capital Region Food and Agriculture Initiatives Roundtable (CRFAIR)
May 27th – Building for a One Planet Region
- Kaeley Wiseman – Principal Owner, Wiser Projects.
- Christine Lintott – Principal, Christine Lintott Architects Inc
June 24th – Getting about in a One Planet Region
- SpeakersTodd Litman. others TBC